“For lay people, this evangelization…is accomplished in the ordinary circumstances of the world….The true apostle is on the lookout for occasions of announcing Christ…either to unbelievers…or to the faithful” (CCC 905).
We, the women of St. John Vianney, have numerous opportunities to “announce Christ” by stepping forward to make our parish a more welcoming place. Join the many women of St. John Vianney Catholic Church who help our parish be a vibrant and welcoming community. Join St. Martha’s Altar Society. We have a wonderful mix of ages, fostering friendships that might not otherwise blossom. Being a part of St. Martha’s Altar Society is free and benefits the women involved, our parish, and the community of Belgrade.
We meet on the first Thursday of every month at 7 pm in the church. We start each meeting with a prayer and conclude each business meeting by cleaning the church. This entire process typically takes only one hour, followed by socializing for those who choose to stay and visit.
Participation is flexible, ranging from attending every meeting to simply providing a dish for a reception on occasion.
- Meetings on 1st Thursday of each month to plan, serve and socialize
- St. Patrick’s Day Dinner in March
- Easter Vigil Reception
- Advent Giving Tree
- Lenten Prayer Tree
Funds Raised have been given to:
- St. Jude Fund in our parish
- St. Catherine Clinic and Pregnancy Resource Center
- Divine Mercy Academy
- Parish Youth scholarships for Diocesan Events and Legendary Lodge
- St. John Vianney’s high-chairs, Father’s Day prayer cards, and a new TV in RE Center
- Son Light Celebration
- College students serving at the Guatemala Mission
Please contact Mary Pendleton, President, at (406) 697-0070 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or simply join us at our next meeting.